Friday, February 26, 2010

the magical world around us :)


Exams, fight with someone, bad traffic, high expenditure, whats going to happen next in my life- this is what we think about all the time. We keep replacing our worries with new ones! There’s something or the else at the back of our mind all the time! The other day I was listening to Paul McKenna droning on about how we should be happy all the time and the same kind of thing different philosophers put in different words. I always believed that all this was theoretical and cannot be put into practice; I mean it isn’t easy to be happy all the time. haven’t they heard... life isn’t fair!
We are always struggling…but then to think about it, why is it that way? Why is that we always give importance to our problems than every other positive thing around us? And if we really try to be happy, somehow happiness finds its way to us (Ohh yeah I do believe in the ‘secret’)
So I tried. For once, I forgot about my exams coming up, forgot about all the projects and assignments piled up in my table, forgot about the little fight I had with my friend and tried to see the happy things around me, and trust me there is so much of positive energy around us!
That smile from the watchman uncle every time I enter college, the impromptu trips to pabbas, the goodnight text message I get from one of my friend every single night, when i found something I lost long time back, a lucky parking place in the mall when I really wanted to go to one of those shops, mom making my favorite dish, last minute ticket cancellation by someone and then being able to watch the movie I’ve been dying to watch, my niece recognizing me after such a long time, a friend request from a person on facebook I hadn’t heard from since a very long time, a nice cool weather, some passerby just smiling at me, the letters from my pen pals, a hug from my friend, papa getting me some little gift, phone calls from my best friend when I’m really down, a polite rickshaw driver or a waiter, the satisfaction I get when I pray to God and knowing that someone is always watching out for me, instead of grumbling every time I trip and fall or do something stupid, suddenly its all funny to me. And suddenly life seemed so much brighter!
We may miss out the BIG things in life .I mean come on, I haven’t got an noble prize, im not a certified prodigy, Im not in the cover of the famous magazines, teenage girls don’t have my posters in their bedroom, Im definitely not the prettiest or the tallest person around but then these small things make my life special: the people living in my world!
If we really see there is more happiness than problems around us and I think we all deserve to be happy :) Because we all are special.

And like Shantodeva says ‘’ If you can solve your problem, then what is the need of worrying? If you cannot solve it, then what is the use of worrying? ‘’

14 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very well written. U have focused on the simply reality of life which many of us fail to notice and understand, thanks to our ever so busy schedules and way of life.
    We all need to need to be thankful for all the small mercies and moments of joy than simply cribbin about our-never ending problems.
    I'm super glad u started bloggin cuz we all know u write really well. It's about time to let the world know bout ur thoughts and ur literary skills. All the best.
    P.S- We are all special, I agree. But u are an expection...
    U are VERY special!! :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. very true what you wrote
    we forget what we have got and simply crib for litle things
    it is really nice that you started blogging cos you have got this special talent to write masha allah you are an exception

    ReplyDelete
  4. You said this wasnt one of your nice blog's? Like seriously, how would you definie "NICE" if this isnt nice to you?

    I'm not trying to flatter you or anything of that sort, I simply love it. It's so um, REAL. Like you've said it exactly how it is in such a simple language that make's it great.

    I love it and oh, you too btw :P :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Zoya,
    to see my name attached to yours as the proud papa will always be my privilege!
    Understand life so early in life , your analytical,questioning nature quest for perfection will certainly take you far in life-Insha Allah.
    keep writing keep blogging

    ReplyDelete
  6. my dearest little angel like zoya:)
    your writing is absolutely amazing,as much as you are.
    and yes,i totally agree with whatever you've written,we often tend to miss out on those few very small moments which give us immense happiness,more than anything in the world:D
    Indeed it is magic around us playing all the time,it just depends on us ,if we feel that magic or no.
    I'm so excited reading your blog,haha,its so niceeeeeeeeeeeeee:)and pink!
    love u zo:)keep up the awesome work!
    and reading what ur dad wrote for you,brought tears in my eyes:D
    love u again ,be happy always:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. awww thankyou sooooooooooooo much all of u!! i love you'll :) the most amazing people in my life =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow zoya ur an amazn writer(afta al hu s sis=P)...i reali luvd wt u wrote nd ya i totali agree wid wt u hv writn..v al do mis wt s suposd 2 b da bst momnts of our lyf by bein unhappy.
    Lyf s lyk a rollercoastr ride bt v shud try nd enjoy each nd evry momnt of it..
    Luv u loadz sis
    Keep up da gud wrk=)
    P.s hw cum its nt purple=P

    ReplyDelete
  9. really good!!!
    keep 'em comin!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Muffi: thanks a lotttttt!!!!! update ur blog soon! =D well the pink one is prettier than the purple one!!

    @Rohan : Thankyou soo much :]

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow..!!
    loved this one too..!
    wsh would have read it before my boards..i would have ranked it.!
    :)
    love u!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha, exactly the comments i need from my best friends :D :D :D
    yeah well, u already did greattt without readin this :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. omg...im really impressed!!!ur writing is jus too good...i jus loved this post...n u know why :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. aww thanks Nadheem :D yes, i do...cause ur always sooooooooooooooooooo nice?????

    ReplyDelete